CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 22, 2010

Nolan's 1st Birthday

Nolan loves Backpack from Dora. He could care less about the rest of the show, but when the Backpack song comes on, he perks right up, goes to the tv and does a little dance saying bacak - or something along those lines. So I decided to get adventurous and try to make a BackPack. I made a round cake - let it sit overnight and then laid a cutout picture of backpack on top and took to it with a knife. I mixed some frosting frosted and then free handed the outlines. I think it turned out pretty good. And Nolan recognized it, so that is what counts.

Here we are showing Nolan the cake. He kept trying to swipe it, but we kept it from getting mauled. I wanted a picture with the cake and his shirt - it said Birthday Boy!
We took a little family picture, Caleb, Nolan and I all matched. The cake got thrown in there too. Random picture.

We gave Nolan the cake and he was all gentle with it, not sure what to do. He just kept touching the icing. We had to push his hands in and cut it up to get him to eat it.
Now that we turned the cake over he got into it a little more.

MMM cake.


Here is a video of Nolan opening the hit of the night. A talking Backpack that he got from his Godfather - Danny.

1 comments:

Aunt Stacy said...

Great job with the cake. He's such a handsome big boy! Can't believe it's been a year. LOVE the pic of Caleb and Jay Jay cabbage patches RULE...They are both so smiley in all the pics we llllove it! Hope you had a good birthday too!