CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, December 21, 2008

It's beginning to look....

It officially looks like Christmas at our house. We finally got off our duffs and went to chop down a tree. We like to cut our own - I don't mind the look of a white spruce and we don't have to shell out $50 for a live tree. Here are pictures from our excursion. It was about -10 when we went out. We started our search just looking out the window of the truck - we didn't bundle up till we found one.
I found our tree, it was the third one that we stopped to look at.

In order to get some relatively wide branches on a spruce tree, you have to cut and use the top of a tall one. Paul started cutting at about his shoulder.

Caleb helped me decorate - Here he is surveying his work. That Moose is his first ornament from last year, he hung it himself.

Here is our finshed product - i think it looks very festive and quite good for what people call a "charlie brown" tree.





2 comments:

Erin said...

I think it looks very nice. What part of the house is that though?

Anonymous said...

I think the tree looks better than some of ours when Paul was little because we always cut our own too and they were "Charlie Brown's" but the excursion were what provided the memories you will always have.