We just got back from our trip to NY to see Paul's Family. It was a great time. We left here on the 11th and I have to say Caleb was an angel the whole flight. We got so many compliments on how well behaved he was, which were all true. He didn't scream and cry, he didn't whine about getting up and he even played well with his toys and slept when we wanted him to, I couldn't ask for more. Well I could have asked to not have to hold him while sleeping with a huge basketball attached to my stomach. I booked our seats so that we would have the middle between us hoping that no on would be placed there, and we were very lucky. We had five flights, and five empty seats. The one from Seattle to Newark was filled but when I asked about it at the gate, they moved the guy, Thanks Alaska Airlines!
We did lots of fun things while in New York. Paul's parents house is surrounded by people with horses. Their yard bumps up next to one with some big ones. They are not cared for by their owners, so Paul's parents try to bring them apples from the trees and scraps when they can. Caleb loved seeing and calling them. Aaaaannniiieee!
There were more horses down the road - they were in their barn but we still got to visit.

And there is even a dairy farm close enough to walk to. We walked by the calves, but they were scared. Inside the barn all the cows were mooing, and coming to see us. Caleb gave a few calls back to them. Mooooo!

Caleb is in love with his Uncle Mike - Stacy's (paul's sister) husband. He loved him when they visited in August and fell right back in with him this visit. Anything Mike did he imitated. They were good pals.

When I first went to NY with Paul he took me to Montour Falls which is in the town pretty close to Paul's. I figured Caleb would enjoy seeing them too. The day I went it was really rushing over, but on this day is was more of a slow rush.

He made cookies with Grammy, who he calls Manga.


And he even tried to wear mommy's shoes around the house, at least they weren't heels!

He was being especially silly at our early Thanksgiving dinner, gobble gobble. L is for Lutomski!

Our big outing was to the Science Center. Caleb had a blast, I will post those separately. As for now we have settled back into life in the Cold North - although it did snow in NY while we were there. Wet snow - blah, made me appreciate Alaska's snowball less winters. I think we even were successful in getting Caleb back on track with sleeping according to AK time rather than NY time.
2 comments:
I'm glad you all made it back safely!! It was great to see you all and can't wait to see you in JUNE!!! Love you!
It looks like Caleb had a great time and big high five to him for being such a good guy on the way there too. You guys are jet setting cross the US-I am impressed.
Post a Comment