Happy Thanksgiving, This was the first year that I made a Thanksgiving meal on my own. On the Menu Turkey, Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes, Glazed Carrots, Brussel Sprouts, and Cranberry sauce. Of Course we had a pie, or a version of one. Caleb and I made a homemade no bake Pumpkin Cheesecake. Here is me looking all pregnant and stuff, and Caleb still in his pajamas.

I had to baste the turkey a few times, it cooked way faster than I expected so it kindof threw off our timing.

Don't the Cranberries look so pretty I mixed them with orange juice - I should have added more sugar - they were tart.

Here is the turkey ready for resting. The skin didn't crisp up, but the wings did.

Here are all the guests that came to the party. Courtney helped make the
brussel sprouts and was good company as I cooked. You can tell she hasn't eaten with many kids before because she had a hard time keeping a straight face as Caleb goofed off at dinner.

All in all it was a good dinner we didn't have as many leftovers as we expected - good thing since the serving size was set for 8. We did have 4 dog guests. Bailey plus
bella,
midori and
courtney's dog Max. It was a full house, but what is Thanksgiving without a busy household. Paul was thankful for his Basketball - just like Jackson!
0 comments:
Post a Comment