CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 23, 2009

Our New Arrival

Nolan Michael Lutomski
8 lbs 08 oz 22 inches
Jan 21st 2009


3 days late but not a dollar short, our baby has finally arrived! Nolan Michael Lutomski was welcomed into the world at 9:46 AM on Jan 21st 2009! Whoo hoo. It was a long and torturous labor (not really) but it felt like it.
I had been having contractions on and off since the 18th when things finally picked up at about 6PM on the 20th. They were strong and close about midnight so we called the Birth Center and went in, I was only 1-2cm dilated and totally defeated/devastated. We decided to stay and sleep and let Dana sleep and see what happens. Around 3:30 they started up even harder - we woke Dana but she said she would check me again around 6 AM. At 6 I was only 5 cm - but totally feeling what I thought were really hard contractions. Needless to say - they only got worse. I got sick twice and had to have an IV for dehydration - after that I went into transition and the rest is history. The midwives don't count that I was in labor until 3:30 AM so technically it went faster than Caleb - but it didn't feel like that since I went in at 8cm with Caleb.
Nolan is pretty mellow so far. Thanks to Daddy and his swaddling technique he even slept for long periods today - plus my milk came in so he isn't so hungry anymore. I might even get to finish the LOST premiere before the night is over. All is well in the Lutomski household. We are very thankful for our two healthy boys!

3 comments:

The Mattesons said...

Congratulations Mara, he is beautiful! Hopefully he will continue to sleep for longer periods of time.

Tam said...

Congrats!!! He's Perfect! I'm really digging the blog Mara. You're family is adorable and Im so happy for yall! Keep blogging!

Anonymous said...

He's so sweet! And it seemss as though he has your eyes too!