I don't have too much to blog about but I figured I would keep this thing current, as I haven't blogged anything about the new baby so I should give him his due.
This little boy is a kicker. Much more than I remember Caleb kicking. He just decides to kick and then does a hiya. I have even been able to see my belly move when he kicks he is that strong. He is also big.... on our ultrasound date he was measuring almost 5 oz higher than average for his age. I can only guess that in the last few months that will equal out to be almost a lb heavier than average. I am guessing he will be a 9 lber, for reference Caleb was 8lb 2oz. I am also measuring 2 weeks ahead, which was the same last pregnancy but still, this little one is not so little.
Last night Bailey was running around crazy and jumped right up onto to me as if I was a wall she wanted to bounce off of, her paw was right smack on the belly. It HURT and made both of us (Paul and I) pissed! She is getting so bad with jumping up. Paul kept checking to see if the baby was kicking and if things were normal. I am not sure what would be a sign of abnormal behavior with this guy but I am pretty sure we are in the clear. The pain was gone by this morning but Bailey and I still haven't made up.
We are throwing around a bunch of names but I just haven't found one that I like enough to bestow of him forever.... Paul and I both liked Caleb from the start and it has really grown to suit him. I just hope we do the same this time around.
Around the house we are still doing left over summer projects, we got the yard done and it looks nice, minus the grass part and now we are on to the wood shed. Paul has done the majority of the work now all it needs are boards and to be filled with wood. It was fun watching him pull out a drafting kit and measure everything all out and do a mock up. I don't even follow patterns when I sew, much less do a drawing of what it will look like.
Paul is currently trying to get this year's Kodiak trip up and running. The bear tag this year is danny's but Paul is going along to help and get some deer. They still need a confirmed third person for safety and cost reasons. This will be Paul's third time- 2004, 2006, and now 2008 it is as if it is like his normal hunting grounds.
Caleb is just kicking a minor case of stuffed nose. I am attributing it to his canines finally breaking through - bottom left broke through on wednesday, the rest are following. I put a pillow into his crib to get him to sleep upright and it works. He can finally sleep. As I am rocking him to sleep I get claustraphobic listening to him try and suck on his paci and breathe at the same time. I feel like I am drowning. But he just doesn't want to sacrifice the paci for the sake of breathing so I let him have it. Suck, Suck, breathe. Suck, Suck, breathe!

2 comments:
Maddie wouldn't give up her "b" with her cold either! She had about three sleepless night b/c of it too. Kids! I hope Caleb feels better soon. Sick kids are no fun.
LOVE YOUR FACE, LITTLE MAN, even when it is covered in food. Pics are the best ever. Keep them coming. This is the only thing that keeps me going on a bad day sometimes. LOVE TO ALL! Monga
Post a Comment